CURRENTLY HIRING CONTRIBUTORS! CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT THE FORM.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Featuring…PRIYA OF “BOOK CRUMBS”!!!!

Priya rocks. I heart this chica (and I am jealous of her. This picture is of her in New York City!! So lucky!!!!). Frankly, this bibliophilic blogger is the epitome of awesomeness. Not only is she the first Featured Blogger/Reader of NftN, but she: (1) went out of her way to contact me to be featured, and (2) despite her busy schedule, she took the time to answer my interview questions. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, PRIYA!!!!!!!!! I got the chance to ask my pal about her fantastic blog, which you should all check out (it’s quite eclectic: it includes snippets from her life and well-written book reviews to boot!), and other random and fun questions about her. Readers, new and old, behold her words of wisdom:

ON HER BLOG AND BLOGGING:

Describe your blog in a couple sentences (or a few words).
My blog, Book Crumbs, consists of Middle Grade and YA book reviews (with a few classics and children’s books thrown in); poetry and other writing; information about recent book releases, internet giveaways/contests, etc.; movie reviews (and trailers); interviews with authors and bloggers; arbitrary musings on absolutely nothing at all; and more.

How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in 2006, but only started serious book blogging in 2008 (around fall).

How did you get started on blogging?
One of my friends, who was a published writer at age seven, told my sister and me all about blogging and showed us her blog. I thought it sounded interesting and so I started my own. At the beginning, I only posted my poems, but as time went on I started posting the weather forecast :) Then last year, I discovered some amazing book blogs and decided to focus my blog in that direction.

Do you prefer writing reviews or writing about your life/thoughts?
I like writing both! Reviews are really fun to write when I LOVE the book (or hate the book), but I also like posting pictures, poems, and random everyday stuff.

ON ALL SORTS OF RANDOMNESS:
If you could see anyone in concert,who would it be and why?
Good question… I’d love to go to a Carrie Underwood concert because I enjoy her music, but I’ve heard that Taylor Swift concerts are amazing as well (all the costume changes and everything!). ButTaylor sounds horrible singing live from what I’ve seen…

What are some of your hobbies?
Other than blogging and reading, I play the piano, write poetry, play tennis, bike and swim occasionally, travel(usually every summer), and participate in math competitions… I think that’s most of them!

If you could meet anyone–real or fictional, living or dead, who would it be and why?
Hermione Granger! It would be really fun to talk about all her classes and everything! (This is coming from the person who immediately wrote out an algebraic equation for Golpalott’s Third Law (the potions law from the sixth book which stated “the antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components”) and researched Arithmancy to learn more about it. By the way, the Arithmancy website is REALLY cool and shockingly accurate!)
It would also be fun to meet the Gallagher Girls and see what their life is like.

If you were left alone on an island for five years, who and what would you bring with you?
If they wouldn’t mind, I would bring my friends and family. And I would bring LOTS of supplies. But assuming that all my essential needs would be automatically taken care of, I’d bring a TV, a laptop, and tons of books.

If you could have any magical power, what would it be?
Invisibility would be fun to have, and flying sounds great too. But I think I would choose reading minds. Not the kind where everyone’s thoughts are constantly plaguing me, but the kind where I could choose whose mind I want to read and zone in. I know that everyone has secrets, but there are a lot of times where I really want to know what someone is thinking!

If someone did a biopic about your life, who would you want playing you?
If possible, me. It would be weird to see someone else try to look and act like me.

If you were an animal, what kind would you be?
An eagle! I think it would be awesome to fly.

FAST FACTS ON PRIYA:

Favorite animal:
Any feline.

Favorite color:
Purple!

Favorite movie:
Hmmm… I can’t decide on a favorite, but I love animation and 3D.

Favorite book:
Don’t ask me to choose! I love so many books, and my favorites keep changing based on my mood :) Here’s the link to all of my 5-star reviews on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/1964044

Favorite song of the moment:
Unapologize by Carrie Underwood

Pet peeve:
People who say one thing and then contradict themselves the next day. And then, pretend like they never said the original thing in the first place.
Oh, and people who tease others about “being too nerdy.” Grrrrr.*

Favorite TV show:
I like watching American Idol (but only after the bad contestants have been eliminated). Sometimes, I also enjoy (shhhh!) Hannah Montana and Arthur. They can both be pretty funny and entertaining.

Favorite food:
Oh wow, where to start! I like Italian, Mexican, Indian, Thai, and lots more. And for desserts: cake, brownies, cookies, ice cream, muffins, donuts, etc. I live to eat :)

Dream vacation spot:
I’ve never been to Hawaii! So I’d enjoy going there during spring, when it isn’t too hot. I’ve always wanted to go to Australia as well. And I think that it would be fun to go up to the Arctic for a month or so.

Dream job:
This keeps changing! Right now, I have absolutely no idea.

*Nerdette says: It’s okay, Priya. *pats shoulder* Only cool people are nerds. Those idiots who tease us for being nerds will never be worthy enough to be a nerd. :)

I’m going to admit though, Priya…sometimes, you freak me out. Like seriously, reading these answers, I start thinking I wrote them. Great minds sure do think alike! :D

To everyone else: want to be the next awesome person to be featured on NftN? Everyone–that is, all book nerds and nerdesses!–are invited to be featured. You don’t have to be a blogger, or an author (though both are welcomed any day!). You’ll probably have a different batch of questions–possibly with some of the one’s used in Priya’s interview mixed in. So are you cool? Then contact (see sidebar for my e-mail)!

Thanks a TON again, Priya!

No comments:

Post a Comment