CURRENTLY HIRING CONTRIBUTORS! CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT THE FORM.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

An Announcement: Reinventing NftN (for GOOD, this time)

First off...hi, again, fellow nerds and nerdettes! I've missed you all, and I've missed this blog, even though I've cared and maintained for it VERY sporadically.

So. It's time for a change. For REAL, this time.

I guess I have to start with a wee anecdote. A lot of things have changed since I made my last post back in March this year. I finished my last AP classes/tests, ever. I graduated from high school. Then the-summer-in-which-I-was-hardly-ever-on-the-Internets. And then college. Now, my first quarter is over--and I'm itching to start blogging again. I'd been reading a few other blogs--not review blogs, actually, but stuff like HelloGiggles and SparksLife. If you've never set foot on either site, do so NOW. You're obviously a seriously deprived human being (blog-wise, that is). Anywho, but all that occasional blog-reading made me really want to restart this little corner of the Internet.

Then, I had this fantastic (or, at least, I think it is. I may just be narcissistic) idea: make NftN into a blog that's not just about reviews, but about a whole slew of other topics. Fun topics. Random topics. Even fangirl-y topics. Maybe advice topics. The kind of posts you want to read when you're having a bad day and want something uplifting or something that will crack your sides open with laughter. But let's face it--I kind of have a lot of stuff on my plate. And so do a lot of other bloggers and wannabe bloggers. Plus, blogging takes up a ridiculous amount of time. But what if we had a team, working on this new NftN? Everyone pitches in a bit, and the blog becomes a well-oiled machine?

Okay, so maybe I'm not pitching this right. Maybe you're a little confused what this "new NftN is". Allow me to demonstrate.

Old NftN:
  • Solely a review blog, theoretically with contests and interviews
  • Run by one person (yours truly)
  • Posts once every blue moon
  • That one person goes "blah blah blah me me me" too much
New NftN:
  • Contains reviews of books, movies, and music, as well as interviews and contests, but also contains a potpourri of other topics. These can include things about life, advice, tv recaps, things in general. I'll be posting some things to give you an idea.
  • Run by multiple people (including maybe even YOU)
  • More people = more posts more often
  • More posts more often by more people = a variety of topics and viewpoints
  • A direct focus on girls--of all ages, young and old! (though boys can join in on the fun, too--we're not discriminatory here! I just don't know too many guys who'd be interested in joining/reading a blog with "Nerdette" in the title)--who consider themselves Nerdettes: gals who love books, movies, music, and culture in general. And maybe fangirling, usually over said items.
As stated, this is a brand-new NftN. And this isn't any old blog*. But I can't do this alone. I already have one contributor on board--the absolutely amazing, sweet, and funny Kim of And Anything Bookish--but even we can't do it by ourselves. We need help. We need YOU. If you're even mildly interested, e-mail me PRONTO at: notesfromthenerdette (at) gmail (dot) com. Or, if you're ready to contribute, fill out the form here (after reading the policy link on that, of course!).

Thank you, and stay tuned! :D

*I am certainly not trying to deprecate other review blogs! I've read many, many review blogs, and I find them all special and wonderful. Yet, somehow, I myself could never manage to do one so well. So maybe with a little help, NftN could be a uniquely fabulous blog, too--but nothing to be compared to other blogs. Like apples and oranges.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see you again, BB! And I love SparkLife. I go to the same school as the girl who writes Life According to Ginger, which is simultaneously exciting and creepy. I see her around, and I'm like "I KNOW YOU! YOU'RE AWESOME!" but she has no idea who I am. :P

    ReplyDelete